AMP Explained: What is it All About and Why is it Important?
The Accelerated Mobile Pages open-source project (AMP) was launched by Google to ensure the maximal operating speed of website pages. By enabling you as the web user to design web pages and online ads that perform smoothly, rapidly and attractively with consistency, the AMP project has attained its goal. This goal also includes constructing and enhancing the future web as a whole, top-performing entity.
Through the collaboration of thousands of web developers, online publishers, websites, distributors and tech professionals, over 1.5 billion AMP pages have been produced. In addition, over 100 top-calibre analytics as well as expert ad tech and CMS providers currently support the format of AMP.
Major Value of Creating Mobile Web Pages with the AMP Project
Valuable benefits that you will receive when you create your mobile web pages with the use of the AMP project include the following:
- Improved Performance and User Experience. When you create web pages using the AMP project, they will load quite rapidly, providing a seamless user experience with greater engagement on both mobile devices and desktop computers.
- Customised Presentation and Results. Companies experience the benefits of flexibility and customisation when using AMP. They can determine how best to present their business content and which tech vendors to work with. Web pages that are built on AMP create a laser-fast indicator in web search results.
Three Core Components of the AMP Open-Source Project
The three core components of the AMP project work simultaneously to ensure the instantaneous loading of web pages. These three components are the following:
- AMP HTML. The majority of tags in AMP HTML are regular HTML, yet others are AMP-specific tags. Known as AMP HTML components, these AMP-specific tags make usual tag patterns easy to use for smooth operation. The AMP pages are identified by search engines by their HTML tags.
- AMP Cache. The Google AMP Cache serves AMP HTML cached pages. This content delivery network is proxy-based and delivers every valid AMP document. AMP HTML pages are fetched by the Cache. It then caches these pages and auto-enhance their performance.
More Important Benefits of Using the AMP Open-Source Project
- The AMP Project is thoroughly documented, easy to deploy and easily validated.
- AMP pages load approximately four times faster than other standard web pages.
- AMP enables companies to produce clean, concise, relevant and fast-loading versions of their web pages.
- AMP use creates a 10 percent website traffic increase and doubles the average time spent by visitors on a page.
Optimized by: Netwizard SEO