Business Owners’ Checklist for a Website Redesign01 March 2020
All business websites need updating and redesigning periodically in order to stay current and productive. Without new content, fresh layouts and enhanced SEO strategies, any site can grow stagnant. This can cause e-commerce sites to lag behind competitors in gaining new visitors, more customers and greater conversion rates. Before you start planning your new site design, examine what business goals your website is currently accomplishing.
Next, look at the objectives that your existing website is not attaining. By examining your website metrics, you can get a clear, accurate analysis of what areas of your site need improvement. Whether your website needs updating to attract more web traffic, appeal more strongly to your target audience or get higher conversions from return customers, a top-quality redesign can bring you excellent results.
Website Redesign Checklist for Business Owners’ Success
A current business owners’ checklist for a successful website redesign includes the following tips and techniques:
1. Audit and Analyse Your Existing Website. Over time, quality website designs maintain some strong features while developing some significant weaknesses. By checking your site’s performance indicators, you can determine areas that need the most attention.
By redesigning these features first, you can start to see improvements in site performance while working on enhancing other content that has less impact on your website’s overall activity. It may be unclear whether your current site navigation is impacting conversion rates more than bounce rates. If so, you can use A/B testing to resolve this question and decide on the most helpful revisions or additions for your website design.
2. Copy Your Website Using a Temporary URL. You want to ensure that your existing website stays up and running smoothly while you create your site’s redesign. This can be done easily by copying your current site to a temporary URL. You can then redesign and edit your website from this temporary URL. When your redesigned site is completed, just assign it your original domain URL to replace your old website. If any questions or problems develop, you may want to consult a professional web designer.
3. Set Goals and Look for Innovative Ideas. By visiting your leading competitors’ domains and researching your industry niche on the web, you can get inspiration for your new site design. You will discover innovative ideas and features that will strengthen, enhance and revitalise your redesign project. Although it is important to include new design trends, be sure to maintain your brand’s authenticity and persona.
Consumers will have greater trust and respect for your online company if you stay true to your original business and brand’s web presence and credibility. However, you do want to include such important features in your site design as updated SEO strategies, keyword usage updates and fresh visual content designs. It is also advisable to pay attention to the latest updates in Google algorithms as well as contemporary marketing techniques and technology.
4. Make Good Use of Responsive Design. Responsive website design continues to be a major focus of experienced web developers for 2020. This design mode creates web page designs that adapt to be compatible with any digital device used for accessing the site. Whether you view a website on a desktop computer or laptop, tablet or smartphone, the general scaling and layout of text, images and other content change for best use on each device. Since mobile markets are constantly growing, your brand will benefit greatly from a responsive business website design.
5. Incorporate Machine Learning and AMP. Machine learning enables you to extract the most valuable data trends from your user information faster than human analysts can. User data can strongly impact your brand and the direction and methods of its development. Google and other primary tech leaders are giving strong emphasis and support to the use of machine learning and artificial intelligence (AI). Making use of these contemporary concepts and technologies can also benefit your website significantly.
Another innovative tool for enhancing the user experience for your website is the use of accelerated mobile pages (AMP). These are basically copies of web page content with streamlined HTML. They have faster load time than pages with standard HTML5. The open-source HTML structure of AMP offers a direct method of producing web pages that give strong emphasis to optimal user experience.
6. Optimise Your Website for 2020. Successful business site owners know that the best SEO strategies and practices continue to change. By focusing on new SEO trends, you can keep your website updated for top-quality search engine optimisation. The latest SEO trends for 2020 include relevant, detailed content, emphasis on mobile web design, video integration and voice search optimisation. With the use of these trends, you can win out over your leading competitors in SERPs, web presence and brand credibility.
Optimized by: Netwizard SEO